1.17.2017

60 Books in 2016

In 2016, my goal was to read more books than I did in 2105.
In 2015, I read 35 books. You can see the books I read in 2015 on THIS post.
In 2016, I ended up reading 60 books!!!!!! 
I couldn't believe I read that many!
Reading is one of my FAVORITE hobbies.
Here is a recap of the books I read......
 




















Favorite Authors I discovered in 2016:
 There are 3 authors this year whose books I read for the first time this year..
I read 4 out of her 7 books, want to read more of them this year
I read all 3 of her books  & loved them all
I read both of her books & loved them both...she is coming out with a new book in February and I have already pre-ordered it.
 

Favorite Book I read in 2016: 
 This is a tough decision....I can't narrow it down to just 1 favorite book, so here are my 3 favorite books I read:

Least Favorite Books: 

Book that made me cry:
 Ummm....more than half of the books I read made me cry....too many to list.
This year I need to read happier books & ones that don't make me cry so much.
The ones that made me cry the most were....

Book that made me laugh:

Book that made me smile:
 It was so good to read another Harry Potter book, I've missed them!

Best series I read in 2016:
 This is easy....hands down the Women's Murder Club Series by James Patterson
 I started book 1 the first week of summer. 
By the end of the summer, I had read ALL 15 books in the series.
I'm slightly embarrassed by that.
But, they are SO good.
You must read them in numerical order.
And, they are based in San Francisco & the Bay Area, so that is fun.
I was so obsessed with these books that when I finished book 14 when I was in Lake Tahoe, I couldn't wait to get book 15, but I didn't have internet to buy it for my kindle on Amazon, so I went to one of the libraries in Tahoe, got myself a library card for that library and checked it out so I could read it.
That's how good this series is.
Book 16 is coming out this Spring & I can't wait!
Check out the series HERE.

Book that surprised me:
Love Mary HIggins Clark books....always surprising!

Biggest Beach/Fluff Read: 

Book I couldn't put down:
 All 15 of the Women's Murder Club Series by James Patterson
 
Most likely to recommend:
  The Women's Murder Club Series by James Patterson....you have 15 books that you get to read and all of them are great.
 
Author I want to read more from in 2017:
 
I would also LOVE to hear YOUR recommendations!
 What are your FAVORITE books of 2016?
What books do you recommend that I add to my reading list in 2017?
Can't wait to hear your suggestions & what some of your favorite books are!
  
           I can't wait to hear your book recommendations!
 I read a ton of the books you guys have suggested, so THANK YOU!
Book nerds unite :)

16 comments:

  1. So many good recommendations Mel!! I'm going to read several of these! And yes...give me all the Sally Hepworth! Her new one is AMAZING! It comes out February 1! Pre-order it NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I read 23 books in 2016 which was a huge increase for me. So glad I've gotten back to reading. I recently read Before The Fall and Necessary Lies. I couldn't put them down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I TOTALLY agree with you on the Women's Murder Club series....LOVE IT!!! I was reading them as they were coming out & they were being released too slow for my liking so I kind of "forgot" about them. I've read the first 7 books, but need to get to reading the rest ;) I would LOVE to get into reading more, so thank you for your awesome book list!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic post!!! I'm bookmarking this for books to read this year. You just saved me a ton of time combing thru Amazon for book choices 😊
    http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should read more Hilderbrand books.ive loved every one of her books. Haven't read the winter ones yet. The one you read is part of a series so you could add 2 more books there. Anything by Emily Giffin. (Similar writing style). And another favorite is Susan Wiggs, specifically the Lakeshore Chronicles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy books, Batman! You should not be embarrassed you read 60, I read just a handful! My biggest question...do you own these books? Because I'm going to walk over to the Library of Larson to check them out! I think the little red library is on the wrong court. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read over 100 last year, which was the most I have ever read in my life. I started to realize, I might have a little bit of an addiction :) You definitely need to read the The Selection series by Kiera Cass; sooooo good! And my favorite books of the year were The Two-Family House by Lynda Cohen Loigman and I let You Go by Clare Mackintosh

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a crier; I don't think I have ever cried while reading a book, and I have cried at maybe two movies during my entire life, but I sobbed while reading Firefly Lane. Like, ugly tears. My husband was sleeping next to me as I finished the book and I silently prayed he would not wake up and ask me what was wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Storied Life of AJ Fikry is always my first recommendation. Also, It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We read a lot of the same books this year! I set a goal to read 50 and managed 62. :) Since you loved "Pretty Girls", and like to read series, you should read the Will Trent series by Karin Slaughter. I just read the first one ("Triptych"), and loved it so much that before I reached the halfway point, I went ahead and ordered the rest of the series. There are 8 so far, I believe, and I am currently about halfway through the 2nd one ("Fractured"). They are so well written, hard to put down, and not 'quite' as dark/disturbing as "Pretty Girls" was, but still dark and gritty. I don't usually read series, but I can't get enough of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like we read a lot of the same books. I love that series I am still working thru it. I also started the The Kinsey Millhone series by Sue Grafton have you tried that one? I like it a lot too. The first one I believe is "A is for Alibi". Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We read a lot of the same books this year! I read 28 books and I was happy with that... 60?! Maybe my new goal! So far I'm reading #4 for this year and it's Killing the Rising Sun by Bill O'Reilly. Others I would recommend:
    A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams
    First Comes Love by Emily Giffin
    Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave
    In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume (she wrote this one for adults.. not ADULTS but you know.... a regular novel)
    The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck

    I have 11 books out from the library right now sitting on my shelf waiting to be read! But this WW2 book is taking me a long time because it's so detailed (and horrifying, I'll be glad when it's over but I still can't put it down?!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hit a few over 60 too... and Nightengale and At Waters Edge were two of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some of my favorite authors are Kristan Higgins (Blue Heron series), Susan Elizabeth Phillips (start with the Chicago Stars series), Robyn Carr (Virgin River series) - Christie in Greenville, SC

    ReplyDelete
  15. I discovered Karin Slaughter this year and Pretty Girls in on my list to read.
    I was bawling by the end of Me Before You
    Some great reads... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you liked The Nightingale, you should read Code Name Verity.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin