11.23.2016

What's Up Wednesday :: November 2016

It's Wednesday & that means it's time for our monthly What's Up Wednesday Link Up!

Link up with  me, Sheaffer & Shay the LAST Wednesday of each month so we can read about What's Up with YOU!

Here we go!
What We’re Eating this week.....

Monday:
Out to dinner for my Mom's Birthday!

Tuesday:
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas

Recipe HERE

Wednesday:
Friendsgiving

Thursday:
Thanksgiving Dinner!
Appetizer....I am making Blue Cheese Bacon Crack.
Recipe HERE

 Turkey with fresh Cranberry Sauce, Sausage Corn Bread Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes , Sweet Potato Casserole, Creamy Baked Corn & Brussels Spouts:

Recipe (HERE)

And, Pumpkin Cheesecake for dessert:

Pumpkin Cheesecake {Recipe HERE

Friday - Pizza Night & our town's Tree Lighting Ceremony 
Saturday - Thanksgiving Leftovers
Sunday:  Rosemary Beef Stew

I have also been making treats:
Monkey Bread (Recipe HERE)

Salted Caramel Brownies:

I will be blogging these soon!!

What I'm Reminiscing about.....
I've been reminiscing about college! This past weekend my college roommate & her family came from Boston to stay with us. For the past 5 years, they have been coming to stay with us the weekend before Thanksgiving. It's always so much fun.
This photo of us our Sophomore year going to an 80's party.  (We are in the middle) Hysterical. Our guy friends always had the best themed parties! 

You might remember that I wore the same 80's outfit a few weeks ago on Halloween:

 What I'm loving.....
Lash Boost!!!!
Incredible before and after pics continue to roll in. Yes, it works! Yes, you will be amazed! 
CONDITION, MOISTURIZE, and NOURISH YOUR NATURAL lashes with Lash Boost and you will have longer-looking, darker-looking, and thicker-looking lashes! 60-day 100% satisfaction guarantee or your $ back! 

Grab your own 2-3 months supply of Lash Boost, a FREE mini-eye cream (the BEST!), and a FREE lash bag as a part of our Holiday Bundle!
If you start Lash Boost this month will give you HOLIDAY-ready lashes, just in time for those December photos and events! 
This is Nikki with her results:
Her after with 8 weeks of Lash Boost & Mascara....Amazing!

I have been using it for a little over 4 weeks and I am loving my results..I can't wait to share my Before & Afters!
Email me to place an order!
melissa_larson17@yahoo.com

What We've been up to.....
Thankfully, November wasn't as crazy busy as October.
This past weekend, we had our annual Progressive Dinner....
Last year I hosted the salad course, this year, I hosted the desserts!
It was a Cuban theme....the food was amazing!!!

The dinner was amazing.....I am still dreaming about the plantains, Cuban steak & lobster.  It was a Cuban theme & dessert was at our house. Popular Cuban desserts are rice pudding & flan, but those are 2 of my least favorite desserts 

But, you know how I love a theme, so I made 2 of my favorite desserts....salted caramel brownies & a homemade cheesecake & stuck some mini Cuban flags in them :)


On Monday it was my mom's birthday and my sisters & I took her to dinner:

What I'm Dreading.....
Going back to school next week.
It has been so great having this whole week off school!

What I'm Working On.....
Christmas Cards!
We got our family photos back yesterday & now I am working on our card for this year!
I love Christmas cards!

What I'm Excited About.....
Gilmore Girls coming out this Friday!!!!!!
I can't wait!!!! Ahhhh!!!

What I'm Watching........
This is Us. Still majorly obsessed.

How to Get Away with Murder 

Grey's Anatomy

I don't start watching Christmas movies until the day after Thanksgiving, so starting Friday (after I watch Gilmore Girls) I will start watching all my favorite Christmas movies on DVD and also
You can see my Top 10 list of Christmas movies on THIS post.

I have also started DVRing cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies. I can't wait to start watching them in a few days!

What I'm Reading.....
I've only read 1 book so far this month:
Eveyln After 
I give it 3 out of 5 stars...it was a little disturbing, but it was a page turner!

and I just started reading Secrets of a Charmed Life
So far, so good!
This is the same author who wrote Fall of Marigolds & I loved it, so I am excited to read another one of her books!

What I'm Listening to.....
The Chainsmokers!
After seeing them in concert in Vegas a last month, I am even more obsessed! 
I am also listening to Pandora's Today's Top Hits when I go on my runs & in the car. 

And, once Friday arrives & Thanksgiving is over, I will be listening to Christmas music 24/7. I can't wait!!

What I'm Wearing.....
We are in boots, jeans & layers season here in California!
Here are 3 items I have on repeat lately:
This jacket:
 I like it because it comes in Tall...I have the Tall x-small and the arms are long enough!
It's on sale 40% off HERE

This vest:

It's from Stitch Fix

I am also wearing booties almost everyday!
 These are my 2 favorite booties: 
These:

These:

I also have them in this color:



What I’m doing this weekend.....
We a lot of fun things planned this weekend!
Starting Friday morning when I wake up, it will be time to Deck the Halls & start playing Christmas music!
We are going to get our Christmas tree on Friday morning.
 On Friday night we have our town's annual tree lighting.
Candle the Elf will also make his appearance this weekend. 
This weekend we will also go to church & kick off the first weekend of Advent.
Colorado football plays Utah on Saturday & Colorado needs to win if they want to go to the Pac 12 championship game.

What I'm Looking Forward to next month.....
I am looking forward to so many things this December!

- Our annual court Christmas Party
-Going Ice Skating in San Francisco 
- Listening to Christmas Music
-Watching Christmas Movies
 - Going to church during the Advent Season
-Sending & Receiving Christmas Cards!!!
- Making Christmas Cookies
-Taking my kids to see Santa
-Looking at Christmas lights
- Having 2 weeks off school
- Celebrating Jesus' Birth
-Going to Lake Tahoe after Christmas

Like I said...we have so many fun things I am looking forward to in December!

What else is new.....
My new Erin Condren Planner  arrived this week & I love it!
This is the one I chose:
I love it :)

Question of the month is:
What is your favorite Thanksgiving Tradition?
I have 2 favorite traditions!
I love watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade while we ate breakfast & got ready for our day. 

I love the Thanksgiving Day parade (It is on my bucket list to go to NY and watch it live)


My new favorite tradition (as of 15 years ago for me)  is Kevin's family tradition.
For the past 50 years, Kevin's family has gone to the Horse Races at Golden Gate Fields on Thanksgiving Day.

It is such a fun tradition! I love going to the horse races :)
(It is also on my Bucket List to go to the Kentucky Derby one day!)

Because Kevin's family has done this for so long, they get a race dedicated to them & we get to go down to the track during that race to watch it up close & then you get your picture taken with the winning jockey.
I love their tradition & our kids love it also! 

+++++++++++++ 
If you are new to my blog, thanks for stopping by!
Feel free to follow along! 
You can find me on BloglovinFacebook & Instagram

Can't wait to read about What's up with all of YOU!

6 comments:

  1. SO bummed I missed this post! I thought it was next Wednesday! :( Loved reading through yours though Mel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving friend! I hope you have the best weekend with your sweet family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those salted caramel brownies look amazing!!! And I'm with ya, I don't watch any Christmas movies until after Thanksgiving either, my DVR is full and ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, Mel! You are going to side eye me all the way from Cali but I am going to get our Christmas tree today. I am one of those before Thanksgiving people, hee! I am making your ritzies (they were requested) for our family's get together this weekend, they are always such a hit. Big virtual holiday hug from Huntsville. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! I am really looking forward to Christmas Break as well next month too. Also, we get our Christmas decorations out on Friday as well. Those brownies look amazing. Have a great rest of your Thanksgiving break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that jacket! My daughter is so jealous that your horses run in November- our track isn't doing live races right now! :( And, GIRL- blog those brownies pronto please! I'm sure my calorie counter app would freak out, but it would be so worth it! Thanks for hosting today!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin