7.29.2016

Summer Squash, Tomato, Feta & Pesto Pizza

As you may know.....pizza is my favorite food. 
I could eat it everyday.
  At Christmas I got THIS pizza maker.
(It is also on sale HERE with an extra 20% off this weekend)
We have been making pizza for dinner a few times a month since we got it! 
I have been experimenting with different pizza toppings/recipes and there have been some REALLY good ones!
Once a month I am going to share a new pizza recipe with you.
You don't need the pizza maker (you can use your oven) but I am letting you know that using this pizza maker gives your pizza an authentic pizzeria taste! 
I am planning on sharing a new pizza recipe the last Friday of each month in honor of Friday Night Pizza Night that we have every Friday night at our house :)
 
Today I am excited to share my:
Summer Squash, Tomato, Feta & Pesto Pizza
The past few weeks the zucchini, squash & cherry tomatoes have been growing like CRAZY in my garden.
I thought it would be delicious to make a pizza that had some of these fresh vegetables on it. I decided to use pesto as the sauce because I love pesto and the basil in the pesto really enhances the flavors of the veggies.

Here is what you need:
- Pizza Dough (I use pre-made dough from Safeway or Trader Joes.  I like Safeway's better because it so much easier to work with & tastes better! You can make your own dough, but when the pre-made dough is only $1.50, this is a no brainer!
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Zucchini
-Squash
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Pesto 
- Crumbled Feta cheese


Slice your zuchinni & squash thinly. Cut the tomatoes in half.
I use a variety of my cherry tomatoes...sun sugar & super sweet 100. These taste like candy, they are delicious!

Directions:
If using the Pizza maker, I split the dough in half and then roll out your dough on a lightly floured surface & then I put my dough on a piece of parchment paper.  
I cook it on the parchment paper for a few minutes because then I can slide the pizza off the parchment paper without messing up the crust or making all the toppings slide off. I like cooking it without the parchment paper because then it gives the crust a pizzeria taste! If I had a pizza peel, I wouldn't need to have the parchment paper because then I would have the pizza peel to transfer the pizza to and from the pizza cooker...but I don't have one of those yet.

Add some pesto to the crust:
Sprinkle on some shredded mozzarella cheese:
Add the thin slices of the summer squash:
Add the sliced tomatoes:
Sprinkle on the crumbled feta cheese:
Bake in your pizza oven (or regular oven at 450 degrees) for 8-10 minutes 
(I bake mine on parchment paper for 5 minutes & then slide it off the parchment paper & bake it on the pizza stone)
 
 
This pizza is very "light" compared to other pizzas because of the fresh veggies:
There is SO much flavor....the feta brings out the sweetness of the tomatoes.
It is perfect to make during the summer because of all the fresh summer flavors:
It's full of flavor & I love all the colors :)
You could also use larger tomatoes instead of a cherry variety, but I like using the smaller ones because they are sweeter.
Serve this along with a nice green salad & you have a perfect summer meal!
I hope you love this pizza as much as I do!
Enjoy!

In January I shared my BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe {HERE}
In February I shared my Fig, Prosciutto & Arugula Pizza {HERE}
In March I shared my my Pesto Chicken, Sundried Tomato & Artichoke Pizza {HERE}

In April, I shared a Sweet Italian Sausage, Pepperoni & Bell Pepper Pizza {HERE
In May I shared my Pepperoni, Pineapple & Jalapeño Pizza {HERE

In June, I shared my Margherita Pizza {HERE
What is your favorite pizza topping?
Happy Pizza Friday & I hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Our go-to for pizza--especially since I am pregnant and tomato gives me crazy heartburn--is to make a garlic and olive oil sauce. I sautee garlic in olive oil with Italian seasoning and gradually add in an entire bag of fresh spinach, adding more olive oil and salt as needed. Once the spinach is cooked I place it on the pizza dough. We top with artichoke hearts (we get the marinated kind in a jar) and goat cheese! It is light, simple and so good. We are making it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! Love your pizza recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your love for making pizza just makes my heart smile and tummy grumble. Yum to all of this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin