10.02.2009

Hello, October.

I love you October.

You are my favorite month.

Even though the first day of Autumn is September 22, I don't put out my fall decor until October 1st because here in California it is still really hot & doesn't feel like fall.


As of yesterday, here are some things you will find around my house
(You can tell that I went to Target yesterday.....)

Our front door step with my mums:
Pumpkins:Pumpkin sign:Our front door:Dining room table with fall accents on it:The fall gourds:Pumpkin Candy jar on my kitchen counter:
(that is not normal candy corn, it is THIS)
My favorite fall smell, Yankee Pumpkin Candle:
This is what I had for dessert (It is the best with a warm brownie)



When Kate woke up all the pumpkins on the front porch, she wanted to wear her pumpkin hat. So, we drew & colored pumpkins:
For the past few years, everyone has been talking about how awesome the pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks is. So, I decided to finally try it.

The verdict?
GROSS.GROSS.GROSS.
So nasty. I took 3 sips & couldn't drink anymore of it. I threw it away.
I want my $3 back. Seriously disappointed.
Why do people rave about this drink? It is nasty!!!
Coffee & Pumpkin flavor do not mix, at all.
I will be sticking to my usual, a nonfat vanilla latte, thank you very much.

I LOVE all things pumpkin EXCEPT pumpkin pie and the pumpkin spice latte.

One VERY important fall item is missing from my cupboards. Canned pumpkin. I can't find it ANYWHERE!!!! I have been to 5 stores this week trying to find it. I finally asked a cashier at Safeway when they were going to restock the canned pumpkin. He told me he didn't know because there was a shortage at the warehouse. What?!?! I seriously wanted to cry. I NEED TO MAKE PUMPKIN BREAD! I make it pretty much once a week from October through December. I am trying not to panic.
I just googled "canned pumpkin shortage" and sure enough, there is a shortage of canned pumpkin. You can read about here.

9 comments:

  1. No canned pumpkin?? Serious crisis! I've got a real pumpkin to try to cook soup with-should be intersting! I'll bring some cans to Danville in a couple weeks if I find an abundance of it in Portland :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You don't like the pumpkin spice latte? It's one of my favorites! Laughed, 'cause I went to Target yesterday too...I have new little pumpkin lights on my lawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found canned pumpkin at Costco, No one else has it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought four cans of TJ's organic canned pumpkin on Thursday afternoon. I also bought some at Lunardi's on Tuesday. Not a fan of the pumpkin latte either. it's just too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TJ's and Whole Foods should carry it year round! I'm very weird about pumpkin pie, too! I DO love the latte, but don't associate it with coffee at all. Tastes more like just a sweet drink. I say GROSS to the Peet's version, though! Your house looks great! And Claire's shoes are my favorites! I kept buying them for Camden in the next size up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TJ's has saved my fall! Thanks Kelly for telling me where they stocked them. Last week I was there & looked where they had canned butternut squash puree & sweet potato puree. I went tonight & they only had 8 cans left. I bought 6 of them. I feel guilty about buying so many cans, I am a hoarder!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been able to find canned pumpkin either!!!

    Your decorations are adorable! I love fall too. I haven't tried the pumpkin spice latte, but I hear good things about it from everyone!! Hmm.. I didn't think it soudned very appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am craving pumpkin chocolate chip muffins right now. I hope they have some cans here in Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What the heck? A canned pumpkin shortage? I picked some up randomly at Safeway yesterday. That's so strange! It's got to be some scheme to drive up prices before Thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin